Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Thursday, August 26, 2004
|TCB - Contributing Writer for Packer Palace.|
‘Tis that most wonderful time of the year, when the muggy days of August contain the ”it can’t get much worse” promise of cooler fall nights, and NFL training camps are underway. Sure, training camp and pre season games aren’t like the real thing, but for a football junkie at least they’re methadone. And having been forced to kick the habit since the draft, even crappy methadone seems like uncut Afghani heaven when compared to baseball.
Wednesday, August 18, 2004
First, let me say that I am not superstitious in the least. I don't believe in that stuff. But there are some noteworthy peculiarities with the number 13 this year as far as the Pack is concerned. The following are facts:
1) Mike Sherman is the 13th head coach of our beloved Packers,
2) Brett is entering his 13th year as a Green Bay Packer,
3) The Packers are going after their 13th championship,
4) KGB was ranked by USA Today as the NFL's 13th best defensive lineman, or maybe DE, I can't remember which.
And then, of course, you can have a little fun with this "13" thing:
1) The ultimate trophy, and greatest name in coaching, "Vince Lombardi," has 13 letters. Of course, his real name is Vincent, but that doesn't work.
2) The 39th Super Bowl is this year's destination (GB's three previous SB wins times, you guessed it, 13, equals 39).
Of course, you can make numbers work the way that you want them to. But, the first items mentioned are true!
Well, like I said at the start, I don't believe in that crap. For example, after narrowly missing a black cat that ran across the front of our car, my wife says, "Uh oh, you know what that means?" And I said, "Yeah, that was one lucky-ass puss!" Any way, maybe some one else out there can add to this "Lucky 13" thing??? The coincidences are interesting at least!!!
GO PACK !!!
Thursday, August 12, 2004
The Tide Detergent Challenge!
Modified for your enjoyment! Thanks to The Schrammie-meister for emailing it in to us.
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Sunday, August 08, 2004
Remember What Vince Lombardi Said! If You Lose, Your Out Of The Family.